It's no secret that brain breaks have an important place in the classroom, clinic or at home.
Brain breaks are short activities that allow the child a mental break during the learning process. Some of the benefits of brain breaks include:
- Boosting blood flow and oxygen to the brain
- Assisting with information processing and retention
- Encouraging sense of community in the classroom environment
- Allowing opportunity for emotional and mental release and decreasing anxiety
You may recognize a few exercises in this resource from our Roll-A-Dice Brain Break packets! We've combined them with additional gross motor activities and formatted them for easy implementation. Once you've assembled them, simply have your students pull and complete these exercises as needed.
Want to see more? Check out some of our other resource packets on the topics below!
- Sensory Simplified Part 1: All 8 Systems (+BONUS: Oral Sensory Processing)
- *FREE* Sensory Simplified: "The Great 8" Educational Handout
- Sensory Diet Resource Packet
Motor Planning + Gross Motor:
- Core Engagement
- Midline Crossing
- Brain Breaks Bundle
- PrintableGross Motor Exercise Activity: 2-sided Card Deck for Brain Breaks
Handwriting and Fine Motor:
Visual Motor/Visual Perceptual:
Want to see more products like these? Check us out on Instagram!