Mindfulness and self-regulation is a skill that requires continued opportunities to hone. When little ones become excited, anxious, overstimulated or upset, they often retreat to a "fight or flight" response.
Regulatory deep breathing exercises, such as the ones encouraged with these visual boards, can help bring a sense of calm and control back to your little ones.
This resource packet includes:
- 2 full-color visual boards: one with numbered squares, one without
- 2 black and white visual boards: one with numbered squares, one without
- 6 full-color characters
- 2 low-ink characters
Encourage your child's active participation within this activity by having them remove the characters as they take each deep breath, for a total of 5 to help them back to a state of calm.
This resource packet can serve as a resource for educators, therapists and parents to provide children the opportunity to practice self-regulatory strategies throughout the day.
Keywords: self regulation, calming, behavioral management, behavior, regulation, classroom management, anxiety, calm down corner
Check out our other resources below!
- Sensory Simplified Part 1: All 8 Systems (+BONUS: Oral Sensory Processing)
- *FREE* Sensory Simplified: "The Great 8" Educational Handout
- Sensory Diet Resource Packet
Motor Planning + Gross Motor:
- Core Engagement
- Midline Crossing
- Brain Breaks Bundle
- PrintableGross Motor Exercise Activity: 2-sided Card Deck for Brain Breaks
Handwriting and Fine Motor:
Visual Motor/Visual Perceptual:
Want to see more products like these? Check us out on Instagram!