Whether they're our own children, those we teach in the classroom, those we care for in another setting or patients of ours, it's important to remember our roles as our children's' advocates. This includes advocating for the needs of these kids, especially when concerns are raised regarding sensory processing difficulties or behaviors that are occurring.
This 2-page handout was created to serve as a resource for therapists, educators and parents/caregivers to review and problem solve what additional factors may be at play when it comes to their children. While informative, it should be noted that this list is not exhaustive, and is to serve as an educational reference, not as a diagnosis.
This download includes the following:
- ADLs explained (1 page)
- Transitioning to Toileting: Signs of Readiness and Considerations (2 pages)
- Potty Training Readiness Log for Trend Identification: (2 pages)
- Handing Hair Care: Brushing (2 pages)
- Handing Hair Care: Hair Cuts (2 pages)
- Tips on Tooth Brushing (1 page)
- Building Tolerance for Bath Time (2 pages)
Check out our other resources below!
- Sensory Simplified Part 1: All 8 Systems (+BONUS: Oral Sensory Processing)
- *FREE* Sensory Simplified: "The Great 8" Educational Handout
- Sensory Diet Resource Packet
Motor Planning + Gross Motor:
- Core Engagement
- Midline Crossing
- Brain Breaks Bundle
- PrintableGross Motor Exercise Activity: 2-sided Card Deck for Brain Breaks
Handwriting and Fine Motor:
Visual Motor/Visual Perceptual:
Want to see more products like these? Check us out on Instagram!