This printable shapes mat can be used. to address shape recognition, visual motor/matching skills, visual discrimination, color identification and more!
This resource comes with:
- Instructional sheet (with 3 additional activity ideas)
- 1 background/activity mat with silhouettes
- 1 background/activity mat without (to find that "just right challenge" for your little one!)
- 1 page of playful shapes for matching: heart, square, rectangle, oval, parallelogram, circle, triangle, diamond, pentagon hexagon, octagon, star
Make it a no-prep activity by printing, having your child cut out the shapes, and glue them into place. Or laminate for continued use!
Encourage your child's active participation within this activity by having them remove the characters as they take each deep breath, for a total of 5 to help them back to a state of calm.
Check out our other resources below!
- Sensory Simplified Part 1: All 8 Systems (+BONUS: Oral Sensory Processing)
- *FREE* Sensory Simplified: "The Great 8" Educational Handout
- Sensory Diet Resource Packet
Motor Planning + Gross Motor:
- Core Engagement
- Midline Crossing
- Brain Breaks Bundle
- PrintableGross Motor Exercise Activity: 2-sided Card Deck for Brain Breaks
Handwriting and Fine Motor:
Visual Motor/Visual Perceptual:
Want to see more products like these? Check us out on Instagram!